Thursday, June 13, 2024
HomeNewsUttarakhand government may fund up to Rs 18 lakh for research in...

Uttarakhand government may fund up to Rs 18 lakh for research in higher education

Dehradun ( News Trust of India) : Under the Chief Minister’s Higher Education Research Promotion Scheme, the government will pay up to Rs 18 lakh to instructors and students for research. The government has issued an order in this regard. The order said that it has been decided to launch the Chief Minister’s Higher Education Research Promotion Scheme for the development of high-quality educational environment in government colleges and state universities, promoting new technologies and encouraging teachers and students of government colleges and state universities for research.

A state-level State Research and Development Cell Selection and Evaluation Committee will be created, the decree said. It will consist of a representative nominated by the Principal Secretary and Secretary Higher Education, Director Higher Education, Vice-Chancellor, Member nominated by the Department of Planning and Subject Expert Member nominated by the Department of Higher Education as per the subject area of the research proposal.

The sanction order of the study proposal specifies that the maximum amount limit for research shall be Rs 15 lakh. It can go up to Rs 18 lakh. Only one study project will be awarded to any teacher and researcher at a time. According to the government regulation, the research funding would be given in three payments. In the first tranche, 50% of the grant amount will be delivered with the approval of the research project. In the second instalment, 30 per cent subsidy will be paid on the basis of the use certificate of the sanctioned amount.

After then, another payment will be made. The decree issued by the government specifies that the research should be original. The quality of research should be as per the UGC rules and standards. In case of exhibiting disinterest in the research work, indiscipline and resignation, the Research and Development Committee of the college might remove the research associate by giving proof in writing.